Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend was Mother's Day.  And I celebrated by going golfing with my parents.  I actually went on both Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, I went with my parents, and brought along a friend from grade school who was in town from Madison (Debbie).  Saturday I was sort of squeamish because it was forecasted to have rain and or thunderstorms the entire day.  But for pretty much the entire time we were there, the weather was decent, if a hair chilly.  I had gushed about Debbie's ability to drive the golf ball to my parents, and they were suitably impressed.  My own game was pretty mediocre...but that was all that could be expected since April has been exceptionally cold and dreary, and I pretty much didn't play at all.  Debbie and I however, both got birdies on the same hole.  As fate would have it, I would get a birdie on the same hole the very next day. 

In addition to golf, I also made dinner for my parents.  I pulled out the stops and made a pretty good dinner.  I made a beef bourginon over barley.  For dessert, I made an apple tart and a vanilla ice cream to go with it.  I actually made the ice cream, which was a nice touch...but real vanilla beans are pretty expensive.  When you finally extract the seeds from a vanilla bean, its about $3.50 for a bunch of seeds that can be rolled into a ball the size of a smallish booger.  If I'm going to continue using them I'll need to buy them from Costco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment